- Our weekly comprehension strategy is 'Main Idea'.
- Children could practise this strategy at home while they are doing their nightly reading!
- Reading aloud is a separate skill to reading 'in your head'. Please encourage your child to read aloud each night. Please help them to strengthen their comprehension of the text by asking them meaningful questions.
- This term we are exploring Informative Texts.
- Number patterns…counting forwards and backwards in 1's, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s up to 1000 (starting at any number) and 3's up to 30.
- Multiplication tables
- Place value up to 10 000
- Place value counting by 10's and 100's
- Addition of whole numbers (vertical algorithms) and mental strategies
- Frequency Distribution Tables and Picture Graphs
- Value of the week: Service
- Daniel Morcombe - Recognise, React, Report
- Introducing 'The Bible'
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is collected the following Friday.
Please come and see me or email me if you have any questions throughout the year.